Welcome to Marin Robotics
Vex Team 2456
About The Team
Located in Marin County, California, we are a Robotics team comprised of high school students drawn from any Marin County or nearby high schools. We compete in the VEX EDR robotics program. Every year a new challenge is introduced, and teams use VEX parts to build and program robots to achieve the goals set forth in the challenge. Within Team 2456, we have several sub-teams, each building a robot with which to compete.
We meet year round at Sir Francis Drake High School in room 414 twice a week. It is fine if you can’t attend every meeting or stay for the whole time. Come as much as you can to learn and have fun. If you are coming for the first time, email us to make sure there is a meeting in case of a rare cancellation.
- Fridays 2-8 pm
- Sundays 1-6 pm
Commonly Asked Questions
- Am I eligible to join?
- As long as you can attend the meetings and are in 8th grade or high school. Most of our members come from Drake HS or Redwood HS, but don’t worry if you are from somewhere else!
- Do I need to know anything about building and/or programming?
- Not at all, come and learn by participating on the team. If you are curious you can look at the programming language we use, PROS.
- Who runs the meetings?
- We have three mentors (Jim x2 and Wilson) who are all retired or semi-retired engineers with experience in programming, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering. Additionally, previous team members will help out at meetings if they are in the area.
- When are the competitions?
- Usually on a Saturday and they are an all day event. We generally enter 4 or so semi-local competitions each build season, usually in the months of October-February. If we qualify, we can continue to states and maybe even worlds.
- What does it cost?
- The team has received grants from the parent funds at Drake HS and Redwood HS. We do ask for contributions to help attend competitions and snacks/drinks to help fuel meetings.
Was your question not listed?
Send us an email! We will do our best to respond in a timely manor.